We have free Windows PCs and Apple iMacs available for use by library members.
Bookings can be made ahead of time, up to a week in advance (advance bookings are not required but are recommended).
Bookings are available as one-hour sessions. You can book up to four sessions in a day, depending on computer availability.
All users must abide by our computers and Wi-Fi conditions of use.
Book a computer
Free wireless Internet access is available at all branches between 7am and 9pm. You don’t need to be a library member to use our public Wi-Fi.
- Look for ‘Kingston City Council Guest WiFi’
- Read through the terms and conditions that appear and press accept
- Once accepted, you should automatically be connected to the internet
Wi-Fi and print from home services are available at the library.
- Black and white: 20c for A4, 40c for A3
- Colour: $1 for A4, $2 for A3
Print from home or your own device
There is a Zortax M200 3D printer at Parkdale and Westall and a M300 3D printer at Chelsea. ABS plastic is available in multiple colours, however only single-colour prints are available.
Cost of 3D printing:
- $5 for the first hour of printing
- $2.50 for each subsequent hour
- $25 maximum charge
Limit of 1 job per customer per week.
Files need to be in .STL or .OBJ file format and saved to an SD card. You can supply your own SD card, or buy one from the library.
Special software is available on the public computers at Parkdale, Westall and Chelsea libraries to prepare files for printing, however staff will not be able to offer assistance with 3D modelling.
Before you begin find out more on 3D printing and copyright from the Australian Copyright Council or view our introduction to 3D printing tutorial.
Conditions of use
There are several conditions for using one of Kingston Libraries’ 3D printers:
- Only use the filament provided by Kingston Libraries on the 3D printer.
- There is a limit of one job per customer, per week.
- Kingston Libraries have a duty to respect copyright. Library staff may refuse jobs that are potentially illegal or inappropriate.
- When you submit your job at the library, you will be given a quote for the total cost of the print.
- After you pay for your print job, it will be scheduled for completion within 5 business days.
- Your finished printed product will be held for one week once it’s ready for collection. If you do not collect your print within a week, it will be recycled.
- The library cannot guarantee that a job will print successfully. By accepting the quote for the print, you accept that service fees are applicable regardless of the outcome of the print.
- Due to the nature of 3D printing, finished print jobs will have some imperfections and rough edges, particularly where supports are required. Printed models will be supplied with supports still attached. Removing the supports and smoothing edges is up to you.
- Only library staff will handle the 3D printer.
Scanning is available at all Kingston Libraries and is free to all library members.
This includes scanning to USB or email. If you do not have a USB device you can purchase one from us for $6.
We have power banks and a range of charging cables that can be borrowed with your library card for use in the library.
Westall Library has an acoustically treated recording space and quality equipment available for bookings.
Click here to view form.